Booking Terms and Conditions
1) A booking is made when the booking form is returned with the payment then due.
2) A 20% deposit must be received with your booking form except when booking less than 6 weeks before departure, in which case the full payment should be made with the booking form. Full payment of the rental is due by the date shown on your confirmation of booking, normally 6 weeks before the letting begins unless specifically agreed. If you fail to make payment on time we reserve the right to treat your booking as cancelled by you.
3) When we receive the deposit we will send a receipt and confirm the booking. When we receive the full amount we will send another receipt, together with driving directions and meeting instructions.
4) Fully inclusive price - all services - electricity, cleaning, laundry, local taxes etc. However to avoid over use of air-conditioning / heating, a pre-arranged amount per day is allowed for electricity, depending on the property. Any amounts above this amount, meaning excessive use of the air-conditioning / heating, will be deducted from the security deposit. A meter reading will be carried out at the beginning and end of the rental.
7) Please note that arrivals between 8pm and midnight incur a €50 charge, and then €150 from midnight to 8am, to be paid in cash on arrival.
8) A security / breakage deposit of £200/€200 for apartments and between £300/€300 - £500/€500 for villas is payable and we reserve the right to deduct from the breakage deposit any losses, breakages or damages caused to the house or contents during a guest’s stay and also for the cost of extra cleaning required if the property is left in an unreasonable state. We will return the security deposit by bank transfer within ten days of the end of the holiday, subject to no claims being made on the deposit.
10) Bathrooms have either a shower or a bathtub with hot and cold running water.
11) Bed-linen and bathroom towels are provided and included in the price. Beach/Pool towels are provided in some of the properties – please enquire.
12) A change of bed linen will be provided to clients halfway through their stay for bookings of 14 nights. For bookings over 14 nights a change of bed linen will normally be supplied for the clients to manage. If extra cleaning is required, then an hourly rate can be provided for this.
13) Properties will be clean and in good order when the client takes up occupation and should be left in the same order. Should the property need excessive cleaning after the client’s departure – this will be deducted from the security deposit.
14) The cost of any extra cleaning and laundry can be arranged and paid locally by you, via arrangements with ourselves.
15) The properties are in good condition and we will take all reasonable steps to maintain them in that condition. We cannot be liable for "force majeure" including events outside our control: storm damage, flood, sudden invasion of pests, failure of public utility services, mechanical breakdowns, previous damage by other tenants, for which there is no time to remedy. If, during your holiday, mechanical equipment, such as boilers, refrigerators or pumps break down the owners will make every effort to get the fault put right as soon as possible but we shall have no further liability to the tenant. All the information given in these booking conditions and in the description of properties is given in good faith.
16) The use of the accommodation and any available facility is entirely at the user’s risk. Children must be supervised at all times when using the swimming pools (if available to the tenant). Costa Tropical Villas and Apartments accept no responsibility for losses, damages or injuries sustained by any client. All clients are responsible for ensuring they have adequate insurance in place for each person in the holiday group.
45 - 31 days in advance of arrival 50% of the whole fee will be retained.
30 to 15 days in advance of arrival 70% of the whole fee will be retained.
14 to 1 day in advance of arrival 100% of the whole fee will be retained.
18) We reserve the right to cancel a booking and retain the deposit if the balance of the rental is not received on the due date as specified in the confirmation of booking. Time shall be of the essence.
19) We would not expect to have to make any changes to your booking, but sometimes problems/ change of circumstances occur and we do have to make alterations or very occasionally cancel or amend bookings. If this does happen, we will contact you as soon as reasonably practical and inform you. If this is necessary we will endeavour to find similar accommodation for you or refund the full amount paid. In the event that we cancel the booking or find it necessary to make any substantial amendments to the same, such refund if applicable, shall be in full settlement of all claims ( if any) that the tenant may have whether at common law or otherwise.
20) If, during your stay, an unforeseen event should occur that is under our control / liability which means that you have to vacate the property we will re-imburse the cost of the remaining days.
23) The contract between you and us is governed by the law of Spain and we both agree that any dispute, matter or other issue which arises between us will be dealt with by the Courts of Spain.